March 22, 2015

Review: EOS Lemon Drop Lip balm

So many people raved about EOS lip balms and I have been curious to try them out myself. They look so cute and fun. Feels like you want to own all of the colors they offer. 

Well I guess that's the girl in us, who just wanted to have everything cute in all colors available. So I went ahead and bought ALL the flavor of EOS lipbalm that was available in Target. They are worth $2.99 each. 

What I love about it

The packaging is so cute. I dont really mind the size of it since it fits even on a small purse. I honestly think that the packaging is innovative and fun, since it's a deviation from the traditional lip tubes that we know of. 

It also smells so good.

It has an SPF of 15 (which most lip-balms has actually)

What I dont like about it

As I mentioned earlier, I bought all of the available colors of these lip balm in Target, and it's the worst decision ever.


I particularly tried Lemon Drop, and I absolutely love the scent of it. The product glides so smoothly in my lips, and it's lightweight. But I find that it's waxy. 


So what's the problem? 

The problem is, it's not really hydrating. I have a very dry lips, and I was hopeful that this product will help me. But NAH. It wouldnt even last for a few hours. I still find myself with a dryer lips later on. I cant even use this as my night lip balm, since the effect is short lived and superficial. I also tried layering it with a matte lippie, and it's not really working. I regret buying it. I feel like it's "overhyped" (sadly).

I went ahead and returned all of the unused lip balms back to Target. I will keep this one, but I wouldn't repurchase.

I personally think that this is not a product for us, ladies with a particularly drier lips. Maybe it would work for those who have smoother lips. 

I'm sticking back to my classic fave, Aquaphor Healing Ointment

XOXO
Abhie

No comments:

Post a Comment