March 22, 2015

Review: Majestic Pure Fractionated Coconut Oil

What time is it? It's review time!

Today I'm reviewing an already classic, coconut oil. I bought mine from amazon for $14.95 which is the Majestic Pure Fractionated Coconut Oil. I saw that it has a lot of positive reviews in amazon, so I went ahead and bought it. 

It's a big bottle, 16 FL OZ or 473 ml (for metric folks like me). Personally, $14.95 is a steep and relatively expensive price for me. But 473 ml is a lot, and i thought it was worth it.


Since moving to the US last September 2014, my skin seemingly changed and didn't adjust well (at least that's what I thought), it became very dry and scaly. Since then, moisturizing became a very vital part of my everyday life. I loved using the In Shower Body Lotion (which I previously reviewed here) and it really helped my skin a lot, however I wanted to add a longer lasting moisture for my skin. Mr. Google suggested using body oils instead of creams. Coconut oil in particular. Hence I found this treasure.


What I love about it

It's very lightweight. It's not that kind of viscous oil that you probably thought of. So it easily glides onto the skin when applying it.

It does have a mild oily feel in the skin BUT it doesnt have the sticky feel (does that even make sense?). I would say greasy feel is 4/10, it's mild and bearable. No biggie for me. 

It's odorless (a big YESSS!!). Am I the only one who abhors hates the scent of coconut? If you're like me, we besties now bb. Also, it's clear, color free, free from dyes and all those unwanted shit.

It's pure, fractionated coconut oil.
According to OrganicFacts.net "fractionated coconut oil" means:
 "Fractionated coconut oil is a fraction of the coconut oil from which almost all the long chain triglycerides are removed, thus leaving mainly the medium-chain triglycerides and making it an absolutely saturated oil. This saturation gives it a very, very long shelf life and greatly increased stability. In addition, fractionating raises the comparative concentration of Capric acid and Caprylic acid, thus giving it more of antioxidant and disinfecting effect."


The seller offers a money back guarantee within 60 days of purchase if you're not satisfied with the product. For me that's a plus, since $15 is no joke, and money back guarantee means a lot. I don't want to pay for shitty products.

What I dont like about it

I wish by the time I ordered it, it came with a pump, but NAH. However I checked back in amazon, and now they offer it with free pump.

I wish I can buy it for less than $10, but that's just because im stingy and shit... 

Get your bottle of coconut oil here.


That'll be all for now.

xoxo
Abhie

No comments:

Post a Comment