June 24, 2015

Review: NYC CITY PROOF 24 HR WATERPROOF EYE SHADOW

Several weeks ago, I have received the Blossom Voxbox from Influenster and it includes the NYC City Proof 24 HR Waterproof Eye Shadow in the shade 610 Tribeca Taupe. It is a full sized eyeshadow stick that claims to be waterproof and can stand a 24HR wear. Whoa, That is a hella lot.

The packaging is pretty simple and straightforward. It is like your usual jumbo eye shadow stick. I however, noticed that this is thicker compared to the NYX jumbo eye shadow stick. 



The color selection is pretty vast, as it comes with 13 different shades. The price point is really really good, since it's only $2.99 a pop, NYC is known to have a very affordable prices on its products.


This particular shade is a cool toned taupe shade, at first I thought it was a matte finish, but when I swatched it, I saw a very very minimal glitter in it. I am not even certain if it can pass as satin, as it looks very matte from a far. I personally love this color since I know how versatile it can be. I would love to use this as a base for a smoky eye look, or apply it on my crease as a transition color. The shade is very flattering for fair to tanned skin tones.

TESTING 101



I have often used this particular shade as my base for my everyday smoky eye look. I do not go heavy on my everyday makeup, but I still want a smokey effect on my eyes. 




This product glides on very smoothly on my lids, it blends beautifully too. Once I put it on my eyes, it doesn't go anywhere, it stays the whole day and it doesn't crease. 



It also intensify the eye shadow I put on top of it, it makes the staying power of the eye shadow powder longer.




I tend to have a very oily lids, but this did not crease on me. It practically stayed in my lids for the whole day. That alone pleases me very much.

FINAL THOUGHTS

I definitely loved this product, I think it is worth every penny. It is very creamy and long wearing. The color is beautiful, the price point is amazing. NYC did a really good job on this one.

9/10

xoxo
Abhie

1 comment:

  1. I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete